Resident Permit – Zonal

If your street is a part of a zone your resident permit will allow you to park in any of the streets within the zone. This will usually include your street as well as a number of others.

Permits will only be issued when:

  • You reside at an eligible property for longer than 3 months
  • You have a vehicle that is either registered or kept at the same address

You must supply the vehicle registration numbers for the vehicles you wish to apply for and you will be required to upload proof that the vehicle, is connected to the permit holder of the vehicle. This can be Vehicle Log Book (V5C), Hire or Lease Agreement or Insurance Document. The insurance address should be where you keep the car. If you are a student and your car is moving with you to university then your car should be insured at your university address, whether it is student halls, or a shared house or flat. You can arrange a different correspondence address with your provider should you not wish to receive mail at your temporary address.

Digital resident permits are only available for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months duration.

Should there be more than 2 vehicles registered at the address, then these additional vehicles should be parked where it is safe and legal for them to do so in accordance with any restrictions in place. Any vehicle that is found to be parked within a marked resident permit bay without a valid permit or in breach of any other restrictions in place may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.

Motor Trader

Residents who can prove that during their current employment they drive a variety of vehicles and cannot guarantee using the same vehicle from day to day should apply for a resident permit and upload proof of being in receipt of Motor Trader Insurance/License. When you need to update the vehicle registration, you will need to submit a change a vehicle permit application and upload your proof of Motor Traders Insurance/License. You will receive an email confirming that the permit has been amended.

As with all digital permits, you do not need to display anything in the vehicle.