The University of Derby Students – Kedleston Road Campus permit is for students who qualify for on-site parking. This permit will grant you access to the Kedleston Road campus to park your vehicle in car park 1. You will need to apply for this permit via your MiPermit account and provide the relevant proofs for each eligibility criteria. Once your application has been accepted, your vehicle registration will be recognised by the on-site ANPR camera automatically, and the barrier will raise to grant you access. You should then proceed to car park 1 and pay for your parking with MiPermit.
The on-site parking tariffs are:
Monday to Friday, 08.30 – 16.30
- Up to 1 hour: £1.00
- Up to 4 hours: £2.70
- Over 4 hours: £5.20
Weekend parking (free to permit holders otherwise the following charges apply)
- Up to 2 hours: £2.00
- 2 – 4 hours: £3.30
- Over 4 hours: £4.40
You will need to provide information and upload documents to support your application as outlined below. Evidence can be uploaded using a smart phone or from a desk top computer in any of these formats: JPG, PNG, or PDF.
The debit/credit card you have used will not be charged until the evidence you have supplied has been checked and accepted by an authorised officer at Derby City Council.
If the information you have supplied is not correct, your application will be rejected and you will be notified through the email address you have supplied to create your account. You will need to reapply and provide the correct information.
All permit types require you to provide proof of enrolment and proof of vehicle ownership, we accept the following documents as proof:
We accept the following documents as proof of enrolment:
- Letter of acceptance from the university (or email)
- Course enrolment letter
- Returning student letter (or email)
- Failing the above, a council tax exemption letter (or email)
We accept the following documents as proof of vehicle ownership:
- The vehicle’s registration document (logbook)
- A current insurance certificate showing you as the policy holder or a named driver
- In the case of a company car please provide a letter of authority from your employer
Proofs that we DO NOT accept include:
- Any document that is not legible
- Driving Licence
- Expired/out of date policy documents
- ID Badge
- Image taken of vehicle
- Student Loan Documents
- Vehicle Tax reminder
To apply for a Blue Badge or Medical Exemption permit, we accept the following documents as proof:
- A photo of your Blue Badge showing the serial number or a medical letter from a medical professional stating the need for parking adjustments/assistance
To apply for a Full time with care commitments permit, we accept the following documents as proof:
- Evidence of circumstances (child care / care commitments / care benefits letter)
To apply for a Part time employed or with care commitments permit, we accept the following documents as proof:
- Evidence of employment/care responsibilities
To apply for a Pregnant (20 weeks+) permit, we accept the follow documents as proof:
- MAT B1 form
Please note that if you submit a document we DO NOT accept as proof of enrolment and proof of vehicle ownership, Derby City Council and/or a MiPermit representative reserve the right to reject your application on the grounds of incorrect proofs being submitted. Should your application be rejected, any pending/deferred payment will be returned to your bank account within 30 working days. By applying for a permit, you accept and agree to this statement.