The University of Derby Students – Markeaton Park Car Park permit will give you access to discounted tariff options at the car park through your MiPermit account. The vehicle registration(s) entered on your application will be the only vehicles that can take advantage of the discounted parking.
There are a limited number of permits available, once this limit has been reached, you will no longer be able to apply for one.
The discounted tariffs available will be:
- Up to 4 hours: £1.70 (usually £3.90)
- Over 4 hours: £3.10 (usually £5.00)
Before proceeding with purchasing your University of Derby Students – Markeaton Park Car Park permit, you will need to provide information and upload documents to support your application as outlined below. Evidence can be uploaded using a smart phone or from a desk top computer in any of these formats: JPG, PNG, or PDF.
The debit/credit card you have used will not be charged until the evidence you have supplied has been checked and accepted by an authorised officer at Derby City Council.
If the information you have supplied is not correct, your application will be rejected and you will be notified through the email address you have supplied to create your account. You will need to reapply and provide the correct information.
To apply for a University of Derby Students – Markeaton Park Car Park permit, you will need to have a MiPermit account. You will also need to provide proof of enrolment at the University of Derby, as well as proof of vehicle ownership
We accept the following documents as proof of enrolment:
- Letter of acceptance from the university (or email)
- Course enrolment letter
- Returning student letter (or email)
- Failing the above, a council tax exemption letter (or email)
We accept the following documents as proof of vehicle ownership:
- The vehicle’s registration document
- A current insurance certificate showing you as the policy holder or a named driver
- Used car sales invoice (dated within the last 12 months)
- Vehicle Tax reminder
- In the case of a company car please provide a letter of authority from your employer
- Driving Licence
- Expired/out of date policy documents
- Images taken of vehicle
- Incorrect name on any of the documents
Please note that if you submit a document we DO NOT accept as proof of enrolment and proof of vehicle ownership, Derby City Council and/or a MiPermit representative reserve the right to reject your application on the grounds of incorrect proofs being submitted. Should your application be rejected, any pending/deferred payment will be returned to your bank account within 30 working days. By applying for a permit, you accept and agree to this statement.