Dispensation notices may be issued to businesses and trades people in cases where a vehicle is required to park where it would not normally be allowed, e.g., a permit bay, to provide easy access to tools and equipment while working at a property. In most cases, notices are issued to commercial/works vehicles and vans only. Evidence will need to be provided of the works taking place, Within a Controlled Parking Zone (Crawley only), it may be possible to use Resident Visitor Permits as an alternative to a Dispensation. These can only be obtained by residents living within the Controlled Parking Zone.
- Green Dispensations
- On Street Pay & Display Bays
- Limited Waiting Bays (considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Resident Parking Bays
- Shared Use Bays (e.g. Permit Holder Only and Pay and Display)
- Red Dispensations
- Red Dispensations are for parking in restricted areas of the street (yellow lines) and are only issued in special circumstances.
- Please note that, as yellow lines are in place for health and safety reasons, you may be advised that your application is not successful, and you should apply for an alternative location.
Green Dispensations are valid for the period purchased throughout Borough of Crawley for the following parking restrictions.
Red Dispensations are valid for the period purchased throughout Borough of Crawley for the following parking restrictions.
Once purchased, Crawley Council will review your request and decide based on availability. You will be informed via email of the Council’s decision. You must leave up to 5 working days to allow a decision to be reached. You cannot park without receiving confirmation that the dispensation has been authorised.
Dispensations are not for use in Loading Bays, Disabled Bays, Motorcycle Bays, Zigzags, Bus Stops, Taxi Ranks, Pavements, areas subject to a loading ban, or Council Off Street Car Parks.
If you are not sure what type of dispensation you need you can look up the type of restriction on the West Sussex County Council’s online Traffic Regulation Order