School Street Access Virtual Permits for Businesses
A school street closes a designated area outside of a school entrance to motorised traffic at school drop off and pick up times in the morning and afternoon during school term time. The times of operation for each school street is signposted on entry and exit.
A school street zone is accessible only to pedestrians and non-motorised transport during the times of prohibition, with few exceptions.
There is no charge for a school street access virtual permit.
Businesses within a zone
- Proof of the business name trading at the specified address
- Proof of your vehicle registration document (V5C) / lease agreement / company car showing your name / business
- Proof your business has private parking accessed through a restricted school street, e.g. a property plan
- Proof of any vehicle owned by your employees requiring access to your private parking should meet one or more of the following conditions;
- Proof of employment, e.g. wage slip or contract with sensitive information redacted and;
- Proof of the vehicle V5C / lease agreement / company car showing your employees name and the vehicle registration number or;
- Proof of insurance showing your employee is a named driver
Help for Businesses Applying for a School Street Access Permit
To apply for a school street access permit choose the school street scheme from the drop down list.
Upload the evidence required to support your application.
Pick the date you want your virtual permit to start from. This can be a maximum of 30 days in advance.
Select you as the logged in account holder to be the virtual permit holder, or add a different user if you are applying for a member of staff. As the account holder you are responsible for managing all permits registered to your account.
Click the terms and conditions to open them in a new window and check the box to agree.
Choose to finish the application now to activate your virtual permit, or add to your basket to check out at your convenience.